Saturday, 21 November 2015

Driving Experiences

 
Hellloooooooo
     
Back in April I failed my driving test. This was the first one that I had taken and I was utterly gutted for myself. There was nothing more I wanted than to be able to drive a car.
     
On the 30th July this year I passed and it was the best day of my life. The realisation that I now had complete freedom was right there waiting for me to grab it with both hands and run – pardon me, drive!
     
I had my friend who has also recently passed their test to help me write this blog, so thank you friend 
     
But in the past 4 months, there are a few things that I have learnt about driving since passing my test.
     
1.      Driving instructors teach you how to pass the test not how to drive! This shocked me so much. But it’s true. When you are with your instructor they are there to help you if you get into a bad situation and to tell you what to do. When you pass they aren’t there anymore and everything you do is on your own. At first this is scary but you soon get the hang of it.
     
2.      All cars are different to drive. Even cars of the same make and model are different to drive! The car I learnt to drive in was a Fiesta 09 plate. I then went on to a Peugeot 206 02 plate and this was so different. I only drove this car for a few days until I got my car which is a Clio 06 plate and again this is so different. So when you pass your test not only do you need to learn to drive on your own but you also need to learn how each car drives and that they are very different. The bite of the clutch is the thing that I have found to vary the most alongside the harshness of the brakes.
     
3.      Road Rage is a real thing! Mine isn’t as bad as other peoples but I do get it. People who don’t indicate is one of the things that gets the most and not saying thank you when you let someone go past! It’s just common manners people!
     
4.      How the use your cars parts. I don’t know about anyone else, but I never had a driving lesson in the dark. So when it came to my first time driving in the car I had no idea what I was doing. It was my dad who taught me how to use my headlights, and I had no idea how to put main beam on or take it off so I’m pretty sure other drivers hatred me.
     
5.      Expect the unexpected. Other drivers will just expect you to move for them. If you think someone is going to pull out on you, expect them to. That way you can be prepared for anything that happens!
     
6.      You need eyes everywhere! Not everyone uses their mirrors like they should so before you do anything, look all around you. People will just pull out regardless.  
     
7.      If you make a decision, stick by it! If you decide to pull off a roundabout and you see that there is someone coming don’t go and stop halfway in the roundabout. Go or don’t go. Because otherwise you’ll be the fool in the middle and no one likes the fool.
     
8.      Trust your own decisions. I don’t really need to say any more than that.
     
So there are some things that I have learnt whilst I have passed my driving test. You don’t need to take them all on board they are just experiences.
     
Hope this doesn’t scare you from driving because it’s so great
     
Thanks for reading
     
With Love from Jess (and Friend) x

No comments:

Post a Comment