Monday, 4 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Heeellooooo


It's been a while since I last posted and thought this was the perfect first post of the year.


First of all I hope you all had a great Christmas and an exciting New Year.


A new life came into my family which was very exciting. She's so gorgeous and has brought plenty of smiles around for us all. I now have very pale blonde/silver hair. My make-up collection is still expanding and I will writing a post on my collection, but I'm in the middle of getting the organisation of it perfect, so that will be holding fire for just a little longer.

The main thing that I want to talk about today is New Years Resolutions. Every year people say that they will have these so they can try and be a better person throughout the year - and just like everyone else, it fails to continue all year.

This year Aaron and I are looking to become fitter and healthier together. For me this feels like it will be easier than doing it on my own as I have someone to do it with. We have vowed to go to the gym or do some sort of exercise twice a week. Something that I struggle with is sticking to these resolutions. So we came up with a solution for this - create a punishment if we don't do it one week. This needs to be something horrible that will hopefully stop us from skipping gym sessions. We came up with having a teaspoons of cinnamon and a teaspoon of flour every time we skip a session. Neither of us have done the cinnamon challenge and don't really want to so fingers cross this will work.

I am going to the gym tonight and am preparing to die. My theory is if I get the first one done sooner rather than later the easier it will be to keep going.

My other resolution is not to hit the snooze button on my alarm. With my job I tend to get up pretty early. If I'm constantly hitting the snooze button then I finish later and who wants that. so to combat this I shall be hopefully getting up when I set my alarm for and getting to work nice and early.


Then I also have the standard stuff that I feel most people have:
  1. read more
  2. drink more water
  3. be happier
  4. cut back on spending
  5. spend more time with the ones I love
  6. cherish every moment you have - never know when your gonna go....
There are lots of other exciting things that will be happening this year that I will be posting about throughout. But below is a quick overview of what I'm looking forward to:
  1. Mine and Aarons's Anniversary
  2. Birthdays
  3. Weekends Away
  4. Getting our first house and buying things for it :)
Hope you guys are as excited for 2016 as I am.

Thanks for reading,

With Love from Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment