Thursday, 14 January 2016

How I Motivate Myself

Heeelllooooo,


After starting my healthy kick and lifestyle change, I have found that something's motivate me more than others. It's difficult to get up out of bed everyday and eat healthy throughout so here are some tips and tricks that I have learnt to help you get through it.


1. Don't hit snooze....Now I know that all of us just want that little bit extra sleep and to hit that convenient little button, but don't. It will make you more tired as your body thinks your going down for more than 3 minutes so goes back into a deep sleep and waking up in the middle of that isn't good. So refrain from the button!


2. Drinking Water. There are so many myths, facts and studies about how much good water do four your body, and if I'm honest I didn't really believe it all. But it does work. Having a glass of water when I wake up and several throughout the day have done my skin and overall health so much good. My skin feels softer and I feel more awake in general.... which leads me onto my next point.


3. Get lots of sleep. Another one of the clique tips I know. I get up very early in the morning for my job and for me not to be a moody cow in the morning, I need to get a whole lot of sleep. I've found that it makes getting up in the mornings so much easier as well (which is always nice).


4. Give yourself 'you time'. This links in with the sleep as well. Before I go to bed I like to have some time to myself and rewind. This could involve going through social media, having a nice hot bath or doing some yoga. Just having that half an hour makes all the difference with me.


5. Do some sort of exercise as often as possible. Hard done than said I realise. I hate doing exercise or working out more than the next person but in order to keep fit and healthy it needs to be done. I have found that doing exercise at home is a lot better for me than going to the gym and doing it. Plus there's no embarrassment if you bump into someone that you know at the gym. I like doing some yoga as its so relaxing. Something else that I am loving at the moment is using custom workout apps on my phone. There's no pressure and you can do it at your own pace.


6. Write Lists. My favourite one in it's own list! who doesn't like the feeling of ticking something off a list of things to do for the day. It's so satisfying and helps to motivate you get through your day. Most days I will have at least one list for and no they aren't always completed every day but you know what to start with the next day.


7. do things that make you happy. This is very important. Why would you do something in life if you don't enjoy it. Again another clique here but life is too short to not be happy. find something that you love to do and stick to it. It will make things you do and the day go a lot quicker and you will have a lot more fun with them.


8. Have a schedule. Much like having a list, come up with an order of doing things throughout the day. Whether this be during the night time or in the morning or at your workplace. create a routine to follow each day.


So there are my tips for keeping motivated and what I have found help me the most. I hope you find they help you too :)


thanks for reading,


With Love From Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment